● Meet or exceed sales targets and other performance objectives.
● Communicate priority for customer requirements to all functions.
● Knowledge of solution selling methodology and communicate the value proposition of the company and offering.
● Provide market intelligence and information to help in value pricing and selling.
● Gain organic growth through closing business at new accounts and additional business at existing customers.
● Prospect, identify and develop customers and sales opportunities as defined to meet the goals of the Business unit.
● Provide cost savings through information gathering and properly utilizing company resources.
● Communicate closely with internal support functions (i.e., technical, customer service, credit, marketing, etc.)
● Develop new business opportunities at acceptable gross profit margins.
● Participate in Product and Sales training.
● Participation in new product introductions, training, joint sales calls and testing.
● Proactive communications to work synergistically with the organization.
● Active participation in trade shows, sales meetings, customer visits and all technical programs.
BACKGROUND AND SKILLS
● Good business sense and understanding of manufacturing operations.
● Sound computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
● Ability to travel.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Science, or Technical field preferred.
● Minimum of 5 years’ experience selling in the polymer industry, preferably additive and masterbatch.
● Strong financial and business acumen.
● Self-motivated, problem-solver, capable of managing multiple projects, team-player that enjoys fast-paced environment.
● Goal and results oriented; consistently acts with a sense of urgency and drives execution.
● Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
● Strong written communication and presentation skills.
● Open minded and willing to learn and expand current skill-set.
● Experience selling specialty chemicals and additive to the Plastics Industries.
● Strong understanding of market pricing, competitive landscape and has demonstrated the ability to close business.