● Smooth running of allocated Machinery
● Responsible for overall maintaining of a production line, including starting and stopping of some equipment.
● Completes machine start-up, making needed adjustments for temperature and die.
● Monitors finished product to be certain quality is acceptable.
● Operates forklift for moving materials and equipment.
● Directs operator helper in obtaining needed materials before and during runs and before changing over.
● Notifies Extrusion Manager of any machine problems and may assist in their resolution.
● Notifies relevant colleague of low inventories of materials, packaging materials and repair parts.
● Assists operator trainee in receiving necessary information and skills to become an operator.
● Maintain quality requirements in accordance with company standards
● Responsible for reporting all quality defects.
● Ability to work 12 hour shifts, day or night.
BACKGROUND & SKILLS
● Basic math skills.
● Self-motivated and able to work under guidance or on own initiative.
● Must be able to work under pressure.
● Attention to detail and ability to carry out all work to a high level of quality.
● Excellent time keeping.
● Must be able to communicate effectively.
● Experience not required.
● Plastic manufacturing, compounding, extrusion, molding or color experience a plus.
● Good safety practices and attendance.
● Strong team player.
● Attention to detail.